Wednesday 15 August 2012

Why I Blog & 5 000 views

I can't believe it- the blog has hit 5 000 views!
For those who have read this blog so far- thank you!

I decided it was time to write a post about why I blog, and what I like about the whole thing.

Now I know, I'm not the most.. how to say it politely...gifted at writing. 
But I do enjoy it. 

I have always been a journaller.
I have journals from all of my mission trips and kept one throughout many years (to keep track of things God was teaching me along with my daily occurrences). 
It is really neat just going back through these years later and reading everything  that happened and just realising how much things have changed since that time. 

Even more so than journalling, I have always loved scrapbooking. 
If you ever visit my room or apartment you are sure to find many scrapbooks and if you catch me on a good day, perhaps you may see the mess of papers when I decide it's time to put some more pictures to paper.
That and gifts-- I love giving gifts that include anything picture-wise (just ask family and friends).




For me, blogging was a perfect mix of the two. 
I get to share pictures with others, and keep a journal of sorts. 
I can't wait to share this blog with my children and let them see that I too had times of difficulty and times of joy.
Along with that I want to be able to share stories of them growing up with them.
For me, blogging was the perfect way to do this.

 I still keep a prayer journal (such a cool way to see how God answers prayers if you sometimes think he is not listening to you).
I still scrapbook (nothing more calming to me than sitting down and scrapbooking- plus I love having that hands-on book when it is all done).
But as for blogging, I am very thankful for being able to be given an outlet for many of my thoughts and stories for the upcoming years.  

No comments:

Post a Comment