Tuesday 9 April 2013

Finding My Faults

Today I was able to do my devotions.  Although this is something I should be doing daily (and it's been a struggle for as long as I can remember), as I picked up my Bible today and wiped the dust off I realized how far away from God I have grown in the past few months as I find myself busy with other daily tasks.

I really did not know where I should start.  And something lead me to Job 31.
In this chapter, Job is going over his life and asking some questions about certain things that may have preoccupied his time or took his focus away from God.

The ones that got me were:

  • If I have been unfair to my male or female servants when they brought their complaints to me, how could I face God? ... For God created both me and my servants.  He created us both in the womb.  (vs. 13-15)
  • Have I put my trust in money, or felt secure because of my gold? (vs. 24)
  • Have I tried to hide my sins like other people do, concealing my guilt in my heart? (vs. 33)
God created us all equal.  He loves us all the same.  We are here to help each other and to glorify God.  
So often, I find myself happy or sad depending on my circumstances in life.  God will take care of us no matter what our circumstances.  We are his children- he treats us as HIS children.  

So why is it we so often try to hide our faults and sins from others?  
I have talked about this subject in previous posts but verse 33 really got me thinking about some of my faults that I have hidden from others.  

Thankfully, we have a merciful God who forgives and separates our sins as far as the east is from the west.  Now it's our job to live with that freedom, don't find security in the things on earth or people on earth, because in the end it won't matter.  

No comments:

Post a Comment