Friday 13 September 2013

A Letter to My Daughter: Follow Your Passion

Dear Beautiful Girl,

I want you to know what a talented and unique individual you are.  I am so glad that you have become such a big part of my life.  I look forward to coming home to you each and every day.

This past week, I have started to leave you for long days.  I realize I have to get up early and sometimes come home very late.  Though you most likely do not understand why I am doing this now, I hope that in the future you will see it was an important stage in my life I had to finish.  I am doing this to show you the importance of education and following your passion in life.  Since I was a little girl just like you, I have always wanted to make some sort of an impact on this world.  I want people to remember me fondly when everything is said and done.  I want to share the things I have learned with others.  This passion lead me to the teaching profession.  I realized I can make this difference by impacting the next generation one student at a time. 

Though leaving you is far from my favourite thing to do, I cannot wait until the day I am able to cross that graduation stage and you will see how hard I have worked to get to the point I am at.  I want you to be proud of me, and see that no matter what life throws your way, if you have a passion for something, anything is possible. 

Please find your passion.  Find that one thing that you love doing and do it; whether it includes getting a degree or not.  School is important, don't give up when things get tough.  I will always be here in the background cheering you on.   

Please do remember that there are more important things in life as well. Though I have to leave you each morning, I make sure I come home to you and Daddy and spend time with my family.  It is these times that I treasure and get me through my days at school.  Like I have told you many times before, let God lead your life and be the head of everything and things will fall into place (even in those times it feels like that is near impossible). 


I am always here for you, ready to help you in whichever ways I can. 
Find that passion and follow it. 

Love,
Mommy

 

3 comments:

  1. This definitely made me cry (which is a little awkward since I'm at work).

    I am so proud of you my friend! This past year and a half I have seen your true strength and endurance; you amaze me. This is only one of the reasons I respect and love you so much.

    You are a terrific example to your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. That means so much. I am so glad you have been there so much this year. We are so lucky to have you in our lives.

      Delete
  2. Wise words! Good luck with everything

    ReplyDelete